Thursday, March 11, 2010











If
If you know the Beutler family well at all, you know our favorite place to visit is in the Great Smokey Mountains National Park. I think every time we go there, we rent a log cabin and enjoy the rustic beauty of the mountains. Jason and Kendra have decided that they want to establish a new business venture by organizing all of the Gatlinburg/Pigeon Forge/ Sevierville log cabins into one website so they took off for four days to begin their new business adventure. That meant that Grandma and Grandpa got to keep the kids during this time.

It was really easy to watch the kids over the weekend. We played mini pool, built a marble run, built a great spaceship out of boxes and went to church about 5 times (now that Lent has begun). Jaybin said "man you guys go to church alot"! We tried to explain to him that his Daddy practically lived at church when he was a little boy...but Jaybin thought that would not be a fun life!

I did great getting the kids up and dressed and to church on time, I don't know what happened when I had to get the kids up and dressed and to school on time. That was a nightmare.
I missed the bus one morning and the other day I was 2 minutes late getting to the bus stop when Kinsen got off the bus and the bus driver was calling Kinsen's mother (who was in Gatlinburg TN)... Boy did I blow it! I'm sure Kendra thought her mother-in-law was quite the irresponsible care-giver. It seems so different to me that a child cannot be let off the bus without the guardian being there when it is only 500 feet to the house... Different culture than when I went to school. My brothers and sister and I would walk a long way to school...

No comments: