Tuesday, July 7, 2009

What did the Doc say?

I'm trying to be positive and find things that I can do now that the doctor said that I have been a bad girl! My foot is still swollen (although I think it looks alot better than it did at first) and he cannot cast the foot yet. It has been one week and he did not think that he will "cast" it anymore as it has already had over a week to heal. The bones are in place, so I don't need to worry about that.

The crutches are my problem. I simply cannot manuever them. I don't have enough strength in my arms and shoulders. The doctor took an x-ray of my right shoulder that is causing the most trouble...and he said I had alot of scar tissue which is the reason I have so much pain. I have to put my foot down when I use the crutches because I can't stand all the weight on the shoulder...That is a "no no". So, now I am confined to the chair (or bed) with my foot elevated until Thursday the 16th because there is no way that I can strengthen my shoulder fast enough to utilize crutches at this time. So, I guess I stay off my foot completely.

I don't know what I will do for 10 days... I know I will figure out ways to be productive. I did figure out how to change the sheets on the bed while sitting in the middle of the bed with my foot up!

I have been writing for the Upper Room devotional guide as well as the magazine "Alive", so I submitted two articles yesterday. Today I have been given the task to research some things for Steve's sermon on Sunday. I would much rather be helping the church minister to the Chuck Hefley family and the Jim Tappan family as both of these men just went to be with the Lord...However, I guess I need to take great delight in changing the sheets on the bed! Seems so trivial doesn't it!?

1 comment:

Paula Gast said...

Great picture of you both!
Paula