Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Pictures of Steve at Disneyworld

This Disney trip was a very precious time for Stephen and I. All of our children together with their spouses and the grandchildren in one place for an entire week! That is a real special treat. The other thing that kept running through my mind - especially since Stephen's heart attack and all that we have been through the last few months was how very precious life is! My mind kept playing tricks on me as I would be laughing, enjoying watching the family interact one moment and then next I would find myself crying. I was not prepared for my mind playing over and over again how close we were to never having Stephen with us ever again. The tears would flow and I would have to walk away for awhile until I got control of myself. I was thrilled at how well Stephen handled the entire week. He kept up, played just as hard, ate just as much as the rest of us and enjoyed every moment. Periodically I would catch him holding his chest as though he was hurting, but most of the time he was a real trooper.



Yes, while on vacation....I did allow ice cream. After not having any ice cream for 6 months, man it tasted good!










1 comment:

Kathy Heeter said...

Thanks Jayna for the Steve pictures. He really was there too.