Monday, May 4, 2009

Most Wonderful Time of the Year


I love spring. Mushroom hunting, Robins building nests, baby Canadian geese waddling across the road, lush green grass, gardening and flowers! Yes, my flower garden is beginning to come to life once again. The yellow daffodils, jonquils, and early red and yellow tulips were lovely this year. I missed getting pictures of them. However, the later tulips are blooming right now, along with the bleeding heart and the lily of the valley. This morning I saw a hummingbird at my nectar feeder, so Spring is officially here in my mind! See how I planted short tulips right alongside tall tulips? cool . . . huh?


2 comments:

Sara said...

Wow, beautiful pictures, mom! Love the new camera! The colors are so vibrant and clear! I'll try to get pics up soon. I haven't even taken any pictures lately. It's been so busy around here. I sure love you and miss you. Can't wait to see you in a few weeks!

Anonymous said...

Hello:
Just read your blogs and the pictures,so good.I really like seeing the ones of the kids and grndkids.
We are leaving Monday for Idaho.
Remember you have a standing invitation to come back to the cabin.We added another room to the little cabin so you can bring a friend.
Your pondering buddy.
Ernie