Thursday, May 21, 2009

I know you can't wait to see pictures of my Spring Garden


Okay, I know I already put spring flowers on this blog - but that was way back in April - it is May now, and new ones are blooming, and the Hosta's are getting humongeous! AND I am trying to learn my new camera. This first picture I was learning to place the focus in the distance so the things up close would be blurry.


This seconed picture is placing the focus on things up close so the background would be blurry! Pretty cool, huh?








My Rhodedendrum is blooming. I began planting this garden 5 years ago, see how mature the plants are becoming. They are filling in and the garden is so "green". Everyone who comes into my back yard this year says "Wow, it is so "green" back here! Oh, well, green is better than dead!








Sara, this is the little iris that I told you the flower was about the size of my index finger. It looks bigger in this picture - the other cool thing about this flower is that it is an tall as my waist.









Okay, now this is my "artistic" picture. You're going to love it! I blurred the background, just for fun. The name of this flower is "Columbine" - can you see that there are hundreds of Columbine blooming right now? I bet there are 50 feet of them!

2 comments:

Sara said...

How lovely, mom! I'm so impressed. I love your artistic picture the most. You are doing well with your camera.

Anonymous said...

Dear Steve and Jayna,
I was reading and deleting some of my older email and came onto this web address! I hadn't checked in for quite a while! It is so exciting to read about all the academic accomplishments in your family. You must be thrilled! Have a great time in Disney. There's no place like it to experience with the grandchildren. Hope you are having a grand time.
Darlene Pinkerton